Pro-life Democrats face a dismal choice in 2020
Pro-life people of conscience face a dismal choice in 2020, but the recent Democratic nominating contest made one thing clear: The Democratic Party hates us. Instead of inviting pro-life Democrats into a big tent that won huge majorities as recently as 2006 and 2008, the Party told us to drop dead.
Democratic Party elites are in denial that their pro-abortion extremism handed an easily winnable election to Trump and the Republicans in 2016. Now they want to win on a platform of unrestricted abortion up through the ninth month, often at taxpayer expense.
In 2016, almost 8 million Americans voted for a candidate other than Trump or Clinton. In 2020, pro-life Democrats will:
- Vote Green or Socialist
- Vote for the Libertarian or Constitution Party
- Write in a candidate
- Vote for the consistently pro-life American Solidarity Party
- Vote for Trump-Pence in order to send elite Democrats a message
- Vote for Biden-Harris and continue to advocate for a place in the party
- Withhold their presidential vote even as they vote for other federal, state, and local offices
- Stay home to protest the dismal choices our system has produced
We are Democrats against Biden standing alongside Independents and Republicans who think the pro-life movement needs to invest in and support pro-life Democrats.
Our ambitious advocacy agenda for 2020 includes protesting the Democratic Party's extreme abortion plank at every step of the 2020 election: the nominating contest, delegate selection, the DNC platform, the national convention, the general election campaign, and the Electoral College.
We are a voice not only for the 20 million pro-life Democrats abandoned by this party, but also for the countless millions of diverse, inclusive, justice-seeking pro-life voters who believe the movement's one-party strategy is ineffective, inefficient, and risky.